Autodata Solutions is looking for a Content Acquisition Specialist to join its team in the Troy/Detroit area!
The Content Acquisition Specialist is primarily responsible for determining what content types are required to support all Autodata’s proprietary content products and to establish multiple data content suppliers for the content operations departments (i.e. vehicle data, incentive data, VIN, images etc.) throughout the automotive industry in Canada and the United States.The Content Acquisition Specialist will leverage these suppliers to provide access to the required content types. They will maintain and update the necessary tracking tools for inventory of such content types and suppliers. In addition, this role will also establish suppliers for vehicle photography of new vehicles within their dealer network and liaise with vendor photographers as needed to gain the appropriate vehicle images.
Expertise of Products and Content for establishing Network
- Maintain a working knowledge of Autodata’s proprietary content products as well as third party content products that are sublicensed by Autodata. In addition, maintain an understanding of what and how vehicle data content interacts with such proprietary products.
- Plans strategies to fill any content voids (including redundant back up) for all relevant data and content including but not limited to vehicle, incentive and VIN data as well as image content in the U.S. and Canada by securing source document suppliers and/or website/other access for such content.
- Utilize knowledge of content and proprietary products to forecast data release cycle and pro-actively acquire the applicable content through new or established channels.
- Acts as a subject matter expert regarding automotive industry trends (content availability and release) when needed for Autodata projects.
- Responsible for relationship management through planned meetings with industry suppliers.
- Acts as a facilitator between content department representatives and content supplier contacts.
Industry Research Liaison
- Consult with suppliers and clients on relevant content types for their products (weekly, monthly, quarterly) as applicable.
- Assist suppliers and/or clients understand the geographical nature of automotive content (e.g. incentives regions, DMAs, etc.)
- Establishes sources for vehicle brochures, owner’s manuals, accessory lists etc. for access of Autodata’s research department.
- Works with the Media Manager to establish a complete set of lot photography contacts.
- Establishes a priority sequence of content requests as established through collaboration with content department representatives.
- Maintains dept. “master sheets” with new and updated information about sources
- Where applicable process and organize incoming documents for use by the operational teams (Incentives only)
- Maintain time tracking mechanism that shows when source data was received and report on any anomalies each month (Incentives only)
- The Content Acquisition Specialist is available via cell phone, email, skype and lap top.
- The Content Acquisition Specialist visits local office at least on a quarterly basis and is available for face to face meetings with content department representatives.
- Post secondary education – University or college preferred
- High knowledge of Autodata’s proprietary incentive products used at fleet, dealer and OEM levels.
- High knowledge of Autodata’s proprietary data products used at fleet, dealer, OEM and custom deployment levels.
- High knowledge of Autodata’s proprietary media products used at the dealer and VAR client levels.
- Knowledge of Autodata’s vehicle photography set up process and requirements is required for use in finding and identifying suitable vendors and locations for photography.
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive experience within the automotive industry
- Experience as a product manager or a senior relationship manager
Who are we?
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways. Clients benefit from the expertise we have gained from our singular focus on the automotive sector as well as 26 years of successful client engagements.
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.